The Gap Auditions
Is becoming a professional actor your goal? Don’t delay – take that first step…..
Entry to The GAP program is by audition.
Auditions will open for The GAP 2022 on January 10th through to February 25th 2022. A variety of days and times are available and can be selected when booking.
The audition fee is $60. More details about the actual audition process can be found below – including what to do if you are currently unable to attend an in-person audition (travel limitations, living remotely, etc.).
Offers for The GAP will be made by 7 March 2022.
What do I need to perform at my audition for The GAP?
Candidates must perform, from memory, two monologues of their choice:
- a Shakespeare piece of your choice
- a contemporary style piece of your choice
Note: All monologues chosen must come from a published play text.
What do I need to know about the audition process?
In-person auditions will be held at The Actors’ Hub Studios, 129 Kensington Street, East Perth.
The actual audition length will be about 15 minutes, however candidates should allow up to an hour for the whole appointment. We recommend arriving 20 mins before your booked audition time as this allows enough time to arrive, relax and get comfortable, complete your warm-up and be ready without rushing.
If you are currently unable to attend an in-person audition, please see the section below on auditions for remote candidates.
When and how will I be notified if I have secured a place?
We know you want to hear back about your audition as soon as possible!
Call backs are made within two weeks where you will be invited for a second audition.
Following the second audition we will notify you within the working week (no long gaps to wait!)
You will receive a confirmation letter and all the information you need to enrol.
Auditions for remote candidates
Living remotely shouldn’t stop you from chasing your dreams!
For candidates who live remotely or who due to challenging circumstances are unable to attend an audition in person, we offer a Self-Recorded Audition Entry option (details below).
The audition entry fee is $60 and your audition recording can be submitted at anytime online.
What do I need to do for a self-recorded audition for The GAP?
Candidates must perform, from memory, two contrasting scenes or monologues of their choice:
- the choice needs to reflect your age range and be about something to which you can relate
- if a scene is chosen, have a person off camera reading for you but must be close enough to be heard
- it is ok to sit or stand, you decide based on the demands of the scene
Note: Don’t let the constraints of the camera stop strong choices or prevent your movement. Camera angle needs to cover from top of head to waist.
- At the start of the video, candidates are required to record a short introduction direct to camera; include your full name, age and where you come from. This needs to be a full-length shot (head to foot.)
- A two-minute personal statement talking about your acting/performance background and experience, and why you want to do The GAP.
How do I submit my recorded audition?
Auditions can be recorded using a smartphone or video camera.
Your audition video should be sent (via a Vimeo link or similar) to firstname.lastname@example.org