If you have never auditioned before or lack audition experience, we know some people can feel a bit nervous about going for an audition. So here’s a quick few things to remember to help relax those nerves and get you on your way!
- The people who are watching your audition have all been there! At some point they also had to do their first audition so they know what it’s like!
- There is no Simon Cowell on the panel. Rather a few industry professionals who want to help you achieve your goals and are who are excited for you in taking the first step.
- Remember, it’s an audition. You may not do it perfectly but you most certainly need to try your hardest
- Put the prep work in. Acting is hard work and you need to demonstrate in your audition that you have the right attitude and are prepared to put in the effort to do your best performance!
- Assessing your grit, determination and work ethic is as important as assessing your talent!
- Be true to who you are. Be authentic. The greatest tool you have as an actor is who you are and your experiences. Make them shine.
- Seek feedback. All good actors seek feedback throughout the continuation of their career.