GAP 2020 AUDITIONS
APPLYING FOR THE GAP COURSE IN 2020
Auditions for The Actors’ Hub Gap course open on December 3rd through December 13th 2019.
The Gap course has been created to bridge the gap into the performing arts industry. It includes:
- Expert training in stage, screen and musical theatre skills.
- Performance opportunities and real feedback.
- Range of styles, for all types of acting roles.
- Opportunities to consult with industry professionals & attend industry events.
More information about The Gap can be found here: https://actorshubperth.com.au/bridging-the-gap/
For the audition, candidates must perform, from memory, two monologues of their choice: one a Shakespeare piece and the other of a more contemporary style. All monologues chosen must come from a published play text.
In addition, and optionally, candidates can prepare a song from a musical score. Songs must be memorized and performed to a backing track supplied by the candidate (a boom box will be provided). The length of the song chosen is not to exceed four minutes.
Although the audition will be about 15 minutes, candidates should allow up to an hour for the whole appointment. And arrive, to warm up, 15 minutes prior to the booked audition time.
Book an audition here: https://theactorshub.as.me/GapAuditions
The audition fee is $60. Auditions will be held at The Actors’ Hub Studios, 129 Kensington Street, East Perth.
Self-recorded audition pieces
Sometimes it is difficult to attend auditions in person because of distance, family reasons or work restrictions. We are therefore giving you the opportunity to send in two self-recorded audition pieces and a personal statement to camera.
You may record on video or iPhone.
We will require:
- Two 2-minute contrasting scenes or monologues of your own choice. The choices need to reflect your own age range and be about something to which you can relate. If it is a scene, then have someone reading for you off camera but near enough to be heard. You may sit or stand, depending on the demands of the scene. Do not let the constraints of the camera stop strong choices or stop you from any movement. Shot needs to cover top of head to waist.
- A 2-minute personal statement talking about your acting/performance background and experience, and why you want to do the Gap.
- At the start of the video, introduce yourself direct to camera (your name, your age and from where you come). This needs to be a full-length shot (head to foot.)
Your audition video should be sent (via a Vimeo link or similar) to firstname.lastname@example.org